Recipe of Week
Protein Packed salad
I had a good run today and as usual was hungry. I usually have my dinner early so I make sure that whatever I eat should be good enough for my body, not making me feel heavy and at the same time it should be very nutritious and delicious! Aren’t we all looking for something of that sort? Your wait ends here
Presenting to you Kidney Beans and Sprouted Moong Beans salad!
1. 1 cup boiled kidney beans (red rajma)
(Note- the water of the rajma should be drained and the rajma should be kept in the fridge for a few hours)
2. 1 cup sprouted moong (prepare one day prior and keep it in fridge)
3. Half cup diced yellow and green capsicum
4. Half cup diced cucumber
5. Half cup diced carrot
6. Half cup diced tomatoes
(All the above vegetables should be chopped and kept in fridge for 6 hours)
7. Half cup chopped mint leaves
8. 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
9. Salt and pepper to taste (rock salt and white pepper powder is preferred)
10. A pinch of sugar (optional)
Few sprigs of coriander leaves and mint leaves for garnishing
Take all the ingredients in a big bowl and toss lightly. Leave aside the salad for 2 to 5 minutes and toss again. Garnish it with a few coriander leaves and mint leaves.
Voilà!!! Your delicious, crunchy , protein packed salad is ready!!!
Note :If pre preparations are done then this salad is very easy to make. This salad is full of proteins, amino acids and antioxidants.
_Pink Sister - Hemali Kothari, Kanjurmarg